[r-t] Unprinciple extent!

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Fri Jul 15 23:44:49 UTC 2011

Hi Graham,

To some extent I agree about the particular method.  But you also said:

"For example, a method should really be defined as the shortest/simplest
place notation that helps ringers learn what is required."

and it's this that I was taking issue with.  "Should" sounds like trying
to legislate (or at least advocate), and on this topic it seems hopeless
and undesirable to do so...

cheers, Ander