[r-t] Bristol Maximus

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Mar 4 23:42:34 UTC 2011

Philip also wrote, the same while back,

> Last night we rang a new B12 composition with maximally
 > efficient linkage - there wasn't a single lead of a "duffer course",
 > and this was achieved with just 10 calls in the whole peal
 > (an average of a call every 10.8 leads).

Looks really nice - congratulations David!

I hadn't before now investigated use of three types of call in Bristol
Max. I've now completed a one-part search using normal bobs, singles and
the 12345T big single. Although lengthy, it is possible to exhaust this,
so I imagine it is possible to do so for other combinations of three calls.

My results were:

357 hours search time
64.6 trillion nodes searched
96.8 billion compositions found (up to rotation)