[r-t] Old DNCB composition

Ted Steele ted.steele at tesco.net
Fri Nov 11 14:42:03 UTC 2011

I have just been having a quick look at the new PDF files on the CCCBR
site (£10 for a CD, must be worth it) of the /Campanology/ paper from
1896. It contains a composition by Gabriel Lindoff of 6,624 DNCB with
the note that this is the longest length so far obtained with common
bobs, tenors together; and yet the extent with the tenors together had
been rung at Romford in 1894, as far as I can see with just common bobs
and only 2 singles. Surely Lindoff will have known about the earlier
peal. What am I missing here? Something very obvious I expect.

Lindoff's comp is here<http://www.cccbr.org.uk/library/olpubs/>  No 26
in the list and page 312. The extent referred to is as per Records
Copmmittee on CCCBR site.

Ted