[r-t] A plea for help

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Apr 29 23:33:06 UTC 2012

An additional note to my last mail: the lists of methods produced by my
search don't include trivial variations, which are deemed to occur when
a place notation may be varied, but doing so does not alter the pattern
(1,2,3) make in the next lead.

So for example, if I've listed a method starting -18:

  123.....
  21.3.... x
  2.1.3... 18

Then methods beginning 58.16 won't be listed, since that produces the
same pattern for the front bells. However, this does mean that I don't
list the appropriate half-lead changes for such trivial variations (I
suspect there will always be a vaguely similar set of HL possibilities,
however).

Search 3 has now completed, giving me 62,688 valid half-leads up to
trivial variation. The zip is only 900KB, but since the last one failed
to make it to the list as an attachment I suppose I'll have to upload it
to my FTP site or similar - a job for tomorrow.