[r-t] Method symmetry

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Sat Aug 18 19:30:56 UTC 2012

This prompts the following question, reminiscent of the "unprinciples"
discussed a few moths ago:

Is there an asymmetric method in which the work of every bell is
symmetric?

Actually, the answer is yes.  E.g., ring plain bob minimus on the front
and back 4s of 8, out of phase by an amount that is neither 0 nor 4 rows.
E.g.

http://www.boojum.org.uk/cgi-bin/line.pl?bells=8&pn=-1458-1458-1456-1258&qs=Grid&action.x=1

But are there some more interesting examples?

Ander