[r-t] New method - Auryn Differential Minor

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:44:34 UTC 2012

On 3 December 2012 00:09, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:

> A priori there is no reason to expect that the standard calling would work
> for this method - it is asymmetric, and it has the section -25-, which
> disrupts the usual nature of the rows.  In particular, I don't believe there
> is a set of 6 mutually true courses, and the partial courses rung between
> the I and O do not complement each other to form complete courses (as they
> do in the standard calling of standard TD methods).
>
> I'd like to understand better how this works (of course there is no
> difficulty if one interprets it as the original differential method).
Hello,
Perhaps I'm looking at it from a different view point but it seems to
me that the standard calling does not necessarily require two
complementary course structures other than as concerns the relative
positioning of the treble, and say 5 & 6
>From the plain course,compare any two rows of like nature having 1 & 6
in the same places (eg +123456 +145236; -124356,-142536 or similarly
-534216,-352416; +532416,354216) In each case, there is a potential
course complementary to the plain course from a CE.+15xxx6 or from
+1xx5x6 EXCEPT when treble &6 are in 3-4 when we get the +rows 231645
321654 and the -rows  326154, 236145. Thus if there is a complementary
course it is from +CE 15xxx6

In fact p,b,p,p,p called three times gives a true touch, therefore a
true touch can be had from CE 5xxx6
The potential repetition in plain courses is between leads 2 & 4. Thus
we can ring the first two leads and the last lead of the plain course.
The first bob at 3 (IN) gives 162453 which plained gives 154632 These
two leads contain the same positional relationship twixt 156 as do
leads 3 & 4 of a plain course, but without the potential for repeat.
The first bob out enters the course with 5 as 2nds place bell at the
CE and the final bob out returns to lead 5 of the plain course

Eddie