[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Dec 14 17:03:11 UTC 2012

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
>> 87s at back                             0
>
> Wow. I wouldn't have thought that possible in a variable hunt, cyclic
> composition. That's probably an even more impressive accomplishment
> than getting all the 4 bell rollups in!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Alan Reading
<alan.reading at googlemail.com> wrote:
> But my composition does have some 87's at back.  It's pretty hard to avoid
> when 7 or 8 are in the hunt and I don 't mind them anyway.

Oops, sorry. I should have read all the replies before replying
myself. Presumably Graham's software had a minor brain burp. Or maybe
I'm just misundertanding what he wrote?

"The historian deals with actions, and with the characters of men only
so far as he can deduce them from their actions. He is quite as much
concerned with character as the novelist, but he can only know of its
existence when it shows on the surface."
                 -- E. M. Forster, _Aspects of the Novel_