[r-t] re : Regular methods

John David johnedavid at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 11:36:41 UTC 2012

Does not the whole problem to some extent depend on the original Central Council definitions? in particular (I quote from "History and Art p600)" C 2 d "the working bells shall be in the same coursing order at each lead head and lead end in the plain course"  and (p602) "this means that all methods must have what are known as Bob Major Lead Ends" and defined (p602-3) the ideal succession of Nature of Rows (which I would summarise as being "as few places as possible"). I realise that these definitions have been amended later, but I think the problem  arose from the C C definitions and their variable application.
John David
Guernsey