[r-t] Plain Bob lead heads/ends (was ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9)

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Thu Feb 9 16:52:57 UTC 2012

On 9 Feb 2012, at 15:49, edward martin wrote:
> In even bell methods, if the lead block is symmetrical about the
> treble then the lead heads and lead ends must be in plain bob group

Not what you mean, surely? eg King Edward S Minor (Cambridge with 36 half lead) is perfectly symmetrical but first lead end is 156423. What you say is only true if the correct pairs of bells you then identify actually *do* swap, but this is certainly not required.

I'm not sure what your later point is about twin-hunt triples methods. What you describe certainly is a way of looking at *some* methods with the correct lead ends, but it probably only covers quite a small minority of them.

MF