[r-t] 4-bell runs

Simon Bond simon.bond.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:33:02 UTC 2012

On 15/02/2012 12:22, Alan Reading wrote:
> I presume that figure is based on removing 6x198 (to discount the
> none-runs) from 4356 which gives 3168, I guess the extra 42 are 1234's
> and 4321's?

The 11-part doesn't stand up to this sort of analysis (or rather the one
that resulted in the figure 4356). Each part generates a different
number of 4-runs varying from 253 in the penultimate part up to 399 in
the last part. I'm afraid my method for counting these is just to put
all the rows into a spreadsheet and do some string processing. It turns
up the same figure of 3456 for the 12-part.

SAB