[r-t] 40320 Spliced Major (3m)

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Tue Jul 3 13:58:00 UTC 2012

On 3 Jul 2012, at 08:01, Mark Davies wrote:
> The second stage of my pipeline applied this algorithm to every expanded Helixoid:
> [...]
> The results of doing this were fairly startling, leading me to suggest either some deep fundamental truth is at work, or I am missing something very obvious! *Every* Helixoid produces a half-lead which links by the algorithm above into 42 sets of half-plain-hunt.

Yes. Sounds like we're well into Deep Fundamental Truth territory! (assuming your implementation of the algorithm is sound)

Frankly, given that you have to link all 42 members of a set uniquely to members of the next, I'm surprised it works at all when you've got to do that 7 times.

> Thoughts?

If you go at the algorithm from the other direction. Is it possible to get touches of plain methods with the correct distributions of (123)? (which presumably must be unable to line up with a Helixoid). In other words, is the Deep Fundamental Truth purely in the construction of the plain methods, or is it in how they relate to the Helixoids?

MF