[r-t] Compositional challenge: Carlisle Principle

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Mar 28 13:56:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Ian Fielding <Ian.Fielding at nbt.nhs.uk> wrote:
> Jump changes would be significantly better (and easier) if you were ringing on the moon.

Old news, I'm afraid. That aspect, and many others, was explored at
length nearly two decades ago on change-ringers.

"I would often run the first part of a quarter through Abel; sometimes
the whole quarter. At least then you know what it should sound like,
before the bells and ringers get hold of it."