[r-t] 8 spliced atw 7com

James Hustler mcwomble at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:45:35 UTC 2012

> > Well I have no idea what Mr Camp is on about, but of course the minimum
> > number of com for a composition containing 8 methods is 8, unless a snap
> > finish is used. I'm surprised this is not yet common knowledge!
> >
> > MBD
> >
> Why 8 COM? Surely, if you rang Bristol -> Cambridge -> Lincolnshire ->
> London -> Pudsey -> Rutland -> Superlative -> YorkshireThere are 7 COM, but
> 8 methods.
> AWT

We are going back to ringing on the moon aren't we?

I can't remember all the details now, but as you essentially end at the
place you first started, you have traversed a circle. Mark considers there
is therefore a change of method between the Yorkshire and Bristol in the
above example. The snap finish is not a circle.