[r-t] Subtle link methods

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:27:29 UTC 2012

> Now, previously rung link methods have usually (invariably?) been short

OK it's only an 8-bell method, but the method Snowdrift Surprise Major was
invented for this composition:
http://www.simonreading.dsl.pipex.com/5088%20Spliced%20Surprise%20Major%20(9%20methods).htm

It was discovered that the method had some musical merit it it's own right
and so was also rung to a single method peal. If my memory serves me
correctly the single method peal was rung first, but it was not the
original motivation for the method.

Cheers,
Alan