[r-t] internal runs

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Fri Jan 25 22:54:30 UTC 2013

Also in the 90s I seem to remember Patrick Brooke telling me he had
composed (and rung) a peal containing all 5678s (including internal) -
maybe plain and little bob.

It was around the same time that I produced this
http://www.math.ubc.ca/~holroyd/comps/pb8.txt
(5008 plain bob major, 24 each 2345's, 3456's, 4567's and 5678's forwards
and backwards off the front and off the back, and no 87's at backstroke.)

I don't know whether this was the first peal with this property.
Probably not, but I wasn't aware of prior ones.

Internal runs are certainly alot less inspiring than external ones, but I
still like the theoretical challenge of "the 1002"...