[r-t] Bobs only 5,039 Grandsire Triples

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Jul 30 21:46:54 UTC 2013

I'm a little surprised I've not seen any comment on this go by on any
of the usual email lists. If you've not seen it, the following
performance is certainly intriguing.

http://www.bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=296625

You don't see all that many peals of either Bob Major or Grandsire
Triples rung for the ASCY these days: I wonder when last there was one
of each within 48 hours*?

* Yes, I know, the prescriptivists who will presumably be gnashing
their teeth at this will argue there wasn't this time, either. :-)

"Weep not that the world changes--did it keep / A stable
changeless state, 'twere cause indeed to weep. "
                     -- William Cullen Bryant, "Mutation"