[r-t] New spliced major composition

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Tue Dec 9 15:12:56 UTC 2014

Super - thanks indeed Alan! Well done again.

Sorry for my imprecision to which you responded:

"...I believe that this peal
(http://www.bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=234589 ) was actually the
first of spliced td major to include all 384 runs"

You're probably right...indeed on a related point I wonder which the first
peal of treble-dodging major to contain all 384 runs was?  Ander Holroyd's
5024 of Bristol major might fit the bill?  It deserves a wider airing in any
case...

https://www.math.ubc.ca/~holroyd/comps/b8.txt

5024 Bristol Surprise Major
Alexander E. Holroyd

% 1 % 2 % 3 % 4 % 5 % 6 % 7   12345678
--------------------------------------
-   -   - s     -   -  :       5342786
        - s     -   - -        7564832
-   -     s -   -   - s        4657328
-   -     s -   -  :           4567832
- - - - -             - - -    3247856
  -   - -       - -   -   -    2435678
-   -   - s     -   -  :       5432786
  - s s -       s              7842653
- -:                           7826453
  -   - s     -   -     s -    8273546
  -   - s     -   -:           7823456
      -             - -:       5678342
-   -   - -       - -   -      7856423
-:                            87654321

2-part.  Note that in the second part, calls given
at the half-lead occur at the lead-end and vice versa.

Contains 24 each 2345's, 3456's, 4567's and 5678's
forwards and backwards off the front and off the back.