[r-t] Poll on consecutive blows in the same position

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Sat Dec 27 22:51:10 UTC 2014

On 27 Dec 2014, at 21:57, Tim Barnes <tjbarnes23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> To recap, DFM provided a QP comp that included a link method with a bell remaining in the same place for a full lead, showing the potential usefulness of this feature.  He also noted the messiness of having to describe his comp as something like 'spliced major and concatenated twos and doubles with an internal stationary bell', as opposed to allowing his link method to be a major method.

I don't remember if I made the point here or somewhere more private, but I am of the opinion that there might be a case for considering "link methods", such as shown by DFM (and many other examples), as something other than a "method" per se, which would avoid this decision having an effect on those quarters. What exactly such links would be described as is not obvious, but I think I might favour allowing them to be described as calls, which I think well represents their place, scale, and function within a composition.

MF