[r-t] Poll on consecutive blows in the same position

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Dec 28 10:29:49 UTC 2014

Don keeps bringing up the subject of "rule-based methods", AKA
dixonoids. Whilst it is worth thinking about these at some point, here I
think we need to remain focussed on "lead-based methods", or, as most of
us call them, "methods".

I don't think there is any horror here. The "non-method blocks" recently
introduced by the MC fall into the category of "lead-based methods" and
so should be able to be described as methods. This is why the "block"
concept is unpalatable for this application. Dixonoids, on the other
hand, are so different in construction that it can only make sense to
consider them separately.