[r-t] Poll on consecutive blows in the same position

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Mon Dec 29 00:07:02 UTC 2014

On 28 Dec 2014, at 23:52, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:

>> dixinoids?
>
> how is a dixonoid not a finite sequence of place notations?

If differs in conception and (usual) description. Dixon's Bob would usually be described by a set of rules, not a sequence of place notation.

I would define lead as a set sequence of place notation (possibly limited by certain criteria currently under discussion), a lead-based method would be a method obtained by ringing a certain lead (repeatedly) until a suitable end-point, or until there is some form of call/change of method.

You can, of course, easily describe one type as the other, but I doubt anyone would.

MF