[r-t] Lead-based methods [was: Poll on consecutive blows in the same position]

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 11:29:56 UTC 2014

Ander writes,

> Can someone explain to me what a lead-based method is, and how it
> differs from a non-lead-based method?

I define a method as a specification of a sequence of changes. That can include:-

Methods made up of an  unvarying sequence of changes i.e. statically defined by a sequence of place notation.

and...

Methods where the changes are determined by rules based upon the position of bells in the previous row(s) i.e. dynamically defined or Dixonoids.

Graham