[r-t] History

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Jun 6 12:21:39 UTC 2014

Peter King writes,

> There are many peals that I wished had less than 5000 changes
 > but you have to establish some kind of benchmark and 5000
 > changes is reasonaqbloe enough and fully respects the history.

For Triples, I would say you are fully disrespecting history!

Recent history as well as ancient. Why should we care much about the
heroic efforts of Wilde, Johnson et al if we can ring a peal of Stedman
Triples with 5000 changes and bobs only?

Triples is the stage where a peal needs to be an extent.