[r-t] Peals in methods

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Mon Jun 9 17:08:24 UTC 2014

John Fisher wrote:

> It is not clear to me that peals have to be rung in methods (or non-method
> blocks).  Has (D)A11 been amended since the introductions of NMBs?  If so,
> what did it say before?

It was trivially amended.  It used to say:

   (D)A.11 The methods and calls used in all peals shall
   conform to the Definitions and Requirements given in Part
   A of the Decisions on Methods and Calls.

The two instances of 'and calls' were struck out this year,
and two new decisions (D)A.13 and (D)A.14 were added.

I can see what you mean about it not being clear that a peal
must be composed entirely of methods or non-method blocks,
but I am certain that it is the intent.  Yet another example
of crap from the Methods Committee.

RAS