[r-t] decisions

Martin Cansdale mjclists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:39:46 UTC 2014

On 11 Jun 2014 07:26, "Robin Woolley" <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:
> Someone talked about a peal of, say 5082 Triples. The simple answer -
and, let's face it, there are lost of people out there who don't like a
simple answer - is for the CC to record it as a 5040, and a peal board, if
required, to record it as '5082 Triples... 5040 + 42 (on the next line)'
(For someone's birthday, for example).

I like a simple answer. Finding fudges to classify the non-compliant as
compliant doesn't strike me as simple.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with a peal of triples with fewer
than 5040 changes. The challenge of finding bobs only extents will still be
there, and people can still choose to ring all the changes in the same way
that they can choose a major composition with all the CRUs.

MJC