[r-t] Gangnam (or whatever) etc.

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed May 14 11:51:31 UTC 2014

Simon Gay wrote:

> Yes, I should have made the assumptions clear:
>
> - fixed treble (this is the basis for identifying the lead heads of leads
> that contain rows with the treble in 6th place)
>
> - no half lead singles (this is the basis for saying that within a given
> lead, all of the rows with the treble in 6th place have the same parity).
>
> Richard has already given a composition with variable treble.

Just to be clear, the method I gave was *not* Gangnam, and
the technique I used does not work for Gangnam.  It was an
unnamed method that I produced to answer Matthew's question
on whether it is possible under favourable circumstances to
get extents of methods with unusual parity structures.  I
don't know whether a variable-treble composition is possible
for Gangnam: I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I don't
really understand variable-treble extents other than
Hudson-based ones.

RAS