[r-t] Gangnam

Robert Lee rlee5040 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 11:40:30 UTC 2014

On Thu May 15 11:32, Robin Woolley wrote:

>As regards the 5040, what can we say? We can say 'the 5040 is true if
>the method has no non-trivial false leads' but is this 'iff'?

I would say yes.

To prove 'if and only if', you also need to prove the statement 'if the 5040 is true, the method has no non-trivial false leads'. By contrapositive this is equivalent to 'if the method has non-trivial false leads, the 5040 is false'. This has already been shown, as the number of extents must be even.

>I only get digests, so apologies if this has been covered already.

I only get digests but you can look on the archive.

Rob