[r-t] A Ringing Puzzle

Roddy Horton roddy at horton.karoo.co.uk
Sat May 24 21:45:21 UTC 2014

On Sat 24/05/14 20:13 , "Andrew Johnson" andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com sent:

> I don't like the idea of false methods, but perhaps the proponents
> would consider them like aerodynamically unstable aircraft;
> probably an incompetent design crashing as soon as you take
> your hands off the controls, but perhaps with the aid of computer
> control offering more agility and higher performance.

Not a fair or logical comparison and nobody would force you to ring them if you don't like them. Some people don't like Pudsey - they don't have
to ring it.

'Incompetent design' is a very subjective view and IMHO a method which is false and has (say) Queens twice in the plain course is a far more
agreeable scenario than an unstable aircraft crashing!

The truth is that all this is a waste of time of the Council which should be considering more important things.

Remember all the fuss about variable cover? Where is that now? A short lived fashion not worth the time spent on it. History will decide what is
worth ringing and the sooner the Council relaxes the rules on method definitions/ descriptions and concentrates on what it can do well the better
for all of us.

Roddy