[r-t] Restriction #4

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Sun Nov 30 18:35:02 UTC 2014

On 30 Nov 2014, at 11:16, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> Consequently, if you have an internal cover bell, you must be ringing a separate method either side of the cover bell.

I'm not sure I would agree. What if you had all the even places staying fixed and range a N/2 method amongst the odd bells (effectively just ringing in jump changes)? I've not a clue why you would want to do something like that, but if someone did do it, I think it would be best described as a N/2 method with interspersed covers. But again, this is veering off down a discussion on cover/fixed bells etc. which I don't think we want to start now, other than to say that's where these type of issues should be thought about.

MF