[r-t] What IS a rotation of a method?

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 13:06:26 UTC 2014

I would agree with this. I tis not uncommon to start Stedman from somewhere different. Or snap starts in surprise (especially for handbell comps). I have rung a peal of Bristol starting 5 rows before the lead end with the 3rd in the hunt - and so on. None of this changes the method rung (certainly not from my point of view when ringing). I think that on practice nights one might ask for something (like new grandsire) but there is no reason why peal records should be cluttered up with extraneous names, as with the above examples