[r-t] What IS a rotation of a method?

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sat Oct 18 14:49:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 6:12 AM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> Yes, in ringing tradition certain rotations of a method, and certain types
> of call, have special significance. But do we need to build all these
> special cases into the theoretical framework? No.

Is this not exactly why so many of us object to the current CCCBR
Decisions? That a tidy formalism was constructed, and that those in
power consider preserving the tidiness of that formalism more
important than to have it reflect all the sometimes untidy corners of
actual practice?

"Men have become the tools of their tools."
       -- Henry David Thoreau, _Walden_