[r-t] various

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed Oct 29 13:15:11 UTC 2014

Robin Woolley wrote:

> Quite right BUT! Having never seen a line for Gluon, I thought I'd try my
> usual blue-line printer - but the p.n. wasn't there. I found it easily,
> however, in the provisionally named section of the 'most' official site -
> methods.org.uk.

But it's hidden away in a hard-to-find corner of the site,
and doesn't appear in main part of the collection or its
index.  I went to methods.org.uk and saw the following the
link

   [Fast and friendly method collections] Find the place
   notation and other information about any method quickly
   and easily. Answer questions like “What is X Major?” or
   “Has Y been used as a method name?”

As "What is Gluon Max" was my question, that seemed the
obvious link to follow.  You get taken to this page:

   http://methods.org.uk/online/collects.htm

I know Gluon quite well, and I was pretty sure I knew it was
a Little Alliance Max method (even though I would suggest
those classes are pretty meaningless for it).  So I went
straight to the Alliance Royal and higher stages collection.
Not there.

   http://methods.org.uk/online/al10.htm

Perhaps I was mistaken about it being an Alliance method, I
thought.  So I went to the 'All class method index' page

   http://methods.org.uk/online/gblind1.htm

Still no sign of Gluon.

In fact, it's hidden away on a page of provisionally named
methods, listed under 'Supplementary Methods Collections'.
(A page on which, I note, Tony Smith claims copyright -- not
the Methods Committee -- Tony personally.)

RAS