[r-t] Method extension

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Apr 29 01:27:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Andrew Johnson
<andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> We aren't starting from a clean slate, so we need to examine what we have
> so far.
> Most ringers would understand the current extensions for
> Plain Bob
> Grandsire

I can't resist pointing out that while most ringers might, the
currently officially sanctioned CC algorithm for extension doesn't.
:-) These extensions are "allowed" solely as explicit exceptions by
the last sentence of section (G) of the decisions.

"But [Galileo] was not really defeated. His book spread through Europe
in a dozen translations, and his book did not recant."
       -- Will and Ariel Durant, _The Age of Reason Begins_