[r-t] Method Generator

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Apr 30 16:49:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> There are in fact only 541,822,598 palindromic treble-dodging major
> methods with regular lead heads and no more than two consecutive
> blows in one place.

I presume this includes those false in their plain courses?

> If anyone wants access to the list, or want any statistical analysis
> carrying outing out on it, please let me know.

How many of them extend? :-)

More seriously, a perfectly reasonable alternative to that probably
near-intractable task is to see how many of some random sample of them
extend. For some definition, of course, of "extend".

"The best thing about being 100 is no peer pressure."
    - Lewis Kuester, "On turning 100"