[r-t] applicability and timing (was The null change)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Jan 1 21:08:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Tim Barnes <tjbarnes23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> it's a shame that the definition of method needs to refer to a row at all

On further reflection, I believe it is impossible to define what a method is
without at least an implicit reference to rows:

1) I don't see how you can define "method" without the concept of "change".

2) I don't see how you can define "change" without the concept of "row",
or at least something equivalent thereto.

"It is hard to understand nothing, but the multiverse
is full of it."     -- Terry Pratchett, _Raising Steam_