[r-t] Definitions so far

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 17 23:37:33 UTC 2015

I don't really see any difficulty in "accommodating" Dixons.  The only
slight issue is that (in the case of Dixons minor itself) there are two
different "courses" that have different place notations.  A band could be
free to regard each of the two courses as a method, or indeed any other
convenient sequence of changes.  I don't see this as a problem.

Once one moves away from the idea of methods, leads, calls etc as
means to restrict what can be rung, and instead regards them as tools to
describe ringing, many supposed difficulties go away.