[r-t] Fw: Avon Double Cyclic Doubles

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Fri Jul 24 19:08:44 UTC 2015

If you write out the rows of a multi-part extent in a table, with a
column for each part, the rows of the table (hereafter called lines to
avoid confusion) correspond to the cosets of the group given by the part
ends. The transposition between rows in adjacent columns of the same
line is the same for each adjacent pair in a line, and different for
each line (the conjugates of the part end transposition). Thus for a
5-part extent of doubles, starting at each row of the part will give a
different part end, and there are 4! possibilities. Four of these will
be cyclic.

Incidentally, v2 is simply v1 backwards, hence the part ends occur in
the reverse order.

PABS