[r-t] CC Methods Committee Consultation

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Mar 8 04:21:42 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 5:35 PM, John Harrison <john at jaharrison.me.uk> wrote:
> It would be sensible to wait and see what happens at the Admin Committee
> meeting.
> I am on the Admin Committee so there will be at least one person present
> able to provide that information.

How confident are you that it will come up early enough in the Administrative
Committee meeting to get much of an airing? As I recall, those meetings always
seemed to go on longer than people planned for, and large blocks of
the committee's
members started leaving before they were over. And the spring one, I
seem to recall,
is particularly problematic since its main function is (or at least used to be)
preparing for the Council meeting in May.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea."               -- Ross Callon, in RFC 1925