[r-t] Handbell Peals of Minimus

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Wed Mar 18 14:57:28 UTC 2015

Robin:
I remember asking about 40 years ago as to why handbell peals of minimus were non-compliant...there are those who can ring four-in-hand, so what is to stop anyone claiming a peal of minimus four in hand?"

To ask a different question, what is the problem with someone claiming a peal of minimus four in hand?

To pose a related point, what if one person rings a handbell peal of minor by themselves (hardly implausible)? Is that OK? Do we then need a new rule that handbell peals of minor are unacceptable?

"Unfortunately, the reasons for certain Decisions may have been lost. Who is to say that the logic behind such decisions is not still sound?"

I'm lost for words.  So by this Woolley logic, Decisions are not falsifiable, and can not be revoked. Truly we are lucky to have such enlightened guardians of Decisions looking after us.