[r-t] Doubles 240s

John Camp camp at bellringers.org
Fri Mar 20 07:52:06 UTC 2015

At 07:38 on 20 March 2015, Philip Earis wrote:

> If I was being only semi-facetious, I'd make the point that call
> changes are about as historic as you get, and these are a form of
> change ringing (as incidentally the CC recognises).  I'm pretty
> confident that call changes make extensive use of the identity
> change.

Well I'm not.  Philip actually proves the (linguistic) point.  Call
changes (or "called changes", as some people refer to them) are
changes made in response to a call.  In the absence of a call, there
is no change.  Or perhaps Philip has experienced call changes where
"null changes" are called every row.

JEC

PS A tangential question.  Can you meaningfully speak of silent and
non-conducted call-changes?