[r-t] Doubles 240s

Barrie Hendry barriehen at aol.com
Fri Mar 20 11:16:36 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Bright <martin at boojum.org.uk>
To: ringing-theory <ringing-theory at bellringers.net>
Sent: Fri, Mar 20, 2015 10:48 am
Subject: Re: [r-t] Doubles 240s

I'm (perhaps surprisingly) with JEC on this
one.  I think call changes
consists of ringing the same row lots of times (no
changes involved),
followed by a change, followed by ringing a new row lots of
times, and
so on.  I reckon that, if you compare two performances of call
changes
which differ only in the number of times one of the rows was
rung,
then most people would say you're rung the same sequence of
changes.

Martin

The rules for the 6 bell striking competition in the Bath and wells describe the call change teams as ringing 120 changes .... this includes repetitions.  So common usage differs from JEC and MB here.
Barrie
ringing-theory
mailing
list