[r-t] Composition search?

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Nov 22 12:25:23 UTC 2015

Alan Burlison writes,

> I've been looking at
> http://wiki.changeringing.co.uk/Computer_Composition_Searches and it
> mentions a "Full Monty" search for compositions of Cambridge Surprise
> Major as a useful benchmark. What exactly does that involve? How is
> the search space defined? Excuse my ignorance ;-)

The first two searches described in the table on that page are Full
Monties. As given in the first row of the table, the "standard" FM is
">=5000 changes, Tenors together, Round blocks, Bob = 14, Single =
1234". There is also an "extended" FM, described in the second row of
the table, which includes snap finishes.

Basically it's all tenors-together peals of Cambridge Major using
standard bobs and singles.