[r-t] Composition search?

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Tue Nov 24 22:13:50 UTC 2015

Alan Burlison writes,

> It's a single machine - 3.6Ghz, 256 HW threads, 256Gb memory.

Sounds very useful! What processor(s) is inside that then?

I can send you a copy of SMC32 to play with if you like - mail me. Needs
Windows to run I'm afraid. It was coded up and optimised in the far-off
days of the Pentium MMX, so it is a bit old and creaky; a high level
language parallelizing over a handful of cores with a decent algorithm
would certainly beat it, however for the time being it's still a useful
benchmark to aim at.