[r-t] Bobs only Erin Triples (was: Composition search)

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed Nov 25 15:37:32 UTC 2015

Alan Burlison wrote:

> On 25/11/2015 15:06, John Harrison wrote:
>
>> There's an anomalous looking plot of ~97% at a depth of 27.5.  Is that
>> real?
>
> I think it's the graph key, this looks like it might have come out of
> gnuplot.

Yes, I used gnuplot to plot the data.  I've just continued
it on to depth 35 (and removed the key).  The raw data is
given below.  The first figure is the length, the second is
the number of true touches.

I didn't do anything sophisticated to find this: no
rotational pruning, no parallelisation, no hand-written
assembler, just the C++ code I gave earlier.  The search to
depth 35 evaluated 15.9 billion nodes in 201 seconds, or
12.7 ns / node.  I ran it on my laptop which has a 1.9 GHz
processor, so that works out at 24 clock cycles per node.

RAS

1	2
2	4
3	8