[r-t] Sacred cows

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Oct 7 11:35:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM Frederick Karl Kepner DuPuy <
neminicontradicente at googlemail.com> wrote:
> So let me ask: did the rules subgroup consider these particular
> sacred cows? Would they be willing to sacrifice them in the interest
> of liberty; or, if not, what justifies their survival?

For what little it's worth, I definitely argued for the abolition of some
of these restrictions , and I believe all of them.

"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
                                     -- W. Somerset Maugham, _The Summing
Up_