[r-t] Writing method display software

Alan Burlison alan.burlison at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 21:16:12 UTC 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 23:47, Alan Burlison <alan.burlison at gmail.com> wrote:

>> One thing to have a look at is the Methods XML Format Specification, as it
>> has quite a bit of useful information and explanation.
>
> Page 19 looks seems like exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

One question: the XML returned from http://methods.ringing.org isn't
the same as in the XML format spec you referred to, although I think
the two are close.

For place notation I believe methods.org.uk would use

<notation>-36-14-12-36-14-56,12</notation>

whereas methods.ringing.org equivalent would use:

<pn>-36-14-12-36-14-56</pn>
<pn>12</pn>

Is that correct?

methods.ringing.org seems to suggest they would adopt the CCBR XML
schema when it appeared, it doesn't look like that has happened.