[r-t] Rules (was A date to pencil into your calendar)

Tim Barnes tjbarnes23 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 12:21:25 UTC 2015

From: ringing-theory [mailto:ringing-theory-bounces at bellringers.net] On Behalf Of Frederick Karl Kepner DuPuy
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:20 PM
To: ringing-theory at bellringers.net
Subject: Re: [r-t] Rules (was A date to pencil into your calendar)

*  Incidentally, a somewhat minor point:

*  Given how anarchic this document is in other ways, I'm a bit surprised at how timidly conservative it is when it comes to multi-stage 'standard performances'. (See section K.9.) Why shouldn't people ring minor and major? Or, indeed, minor, triples, and major?

Yes, this is a fair point, and one that was also recently raised in the sub-group but which we hadn’t addressed as of version 6.2.  K.9 was originally added to limit the amount of change in the proposal document in the hope of winning over more people, but this item alone is unlikely to tip the balance for anyone, and its inclusion does represent an arbitrary restriction of the type we are trying to eliminate.  I think this clause will be removed in v6.3.

Tim