[r-t] Pencil -> Ink (was A date to pencil into your calendar)

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Tue Sep 15 09:13:57 UTC 2015

Don:
“The open meeting on the review of the Central Council decisions is now
firmly scheduled”

This has now been officially announced on the homepage of BellBoard (see
http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/), a little under 4 weeks notice.

Don (on 28th August):
“You may also recall that the committee had promised to reissue, with
significant modifications, the paper soliciting comments they sent around
earlier this year. Based on what was said in the committee's report and at
the Council meeting this is clearly happening considerably later than they
originally expected, but my understanding is that they do expect it to be
reissued by the end of next week, and hope perhaps even by the beginning of
the week. I presume (though don't know for sure) that when they reissue it
they will attach a date by which they request replies, and that that date
will be well in the future (the original date for replies was the end of
this month, which is clearly impractical now)”

There is no mention of the promised document on the new BB announcement.  I
wonder what has happened to this.  Given that the exercise Tim Barnes has
been diligently coordinating has been going around 8 months and involved
hundreds of inputs and suggestions over that timeframe, it’s more than a bit
eyebrow raising that the Methods Committee yet again seem to be flailing a
short time before a big meeting without having done their promised homework
and consultation.

Of course, looking optimistically, perhaps the Methods Committee will
recognise the importance and progress of Tim’s efforts and use this as the
basis to move forwards.  I live in hope.