[r-t] Tritonian S. Max

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:23:34 UTC 2016

"
My gut reaction is that Alan’s changes reduce the number of runs in tittums
c/os, but I’ll have to look properly.  (The 4-bell run count is better in
tittums c/os than in normal c/os, and better 4-bell run density than most
peals of Bristol, but the runs are not always at the front or the back.)
This comes back to Philip’s point about spliced.  I’m trying to get one
method to do two things.  This could result in a certain elegance and
contrast when rung.  I’m fairly sure Philip will disagree and tell me the
plan is all wrong!  But I think people (like me) that haven’t rung Amalthea
/ Gluon might think it’s fun to ring."

Yes it will do. I most confess that I hadn't read your original email
properly when I replied. I'd be interested to see if changes increase the
overall number of runs possible in a peal but I understand that that isn't
really what you are trying to do!
Surely Avon is the already the ideal answer to your question though?

Cheers,
Alan