[r-t] Complib

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 08:37:46 UTC 2016

SH wrote:

> Can't see any facility for searching for handbell compositions [on
https://complib.org], though.

My post was referring to searching for methods rung on handbells. I have
deliberately not included a handbell flag on compositions because I do not
believe it is a binary choice. A composition that is good for handbells
doesn't make it bad for towerbells, and a composition that is not marked as
good for handbells may well be. If you have just member of the band that is
ringing something for the first time, you may want to reduce the number of
positions just for that pair and optimise music otherwise. I have
frequently produced compositions like that.

Any composition view page contains a Handbell Positions accordian. Opening
that up shows you which positions each pair rings and the frequency (by
method for spliced). In due course, i hope to enhance the search capability
to find compositions using this information, but it will require some
thought on the best way to do it.

Graham