[r-t] Method help

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Fri Jul 8 14:10:46 UTC 2016

william.hronas at yahoo.com wrote:

> How can I take a triples method- and downsize it to a
> doubles? I.e.:
> https://rsw.me.uk/blueline/methods/view/Ikaria_Bob_Triples

It depends what you mean, but it's probably not generally
possible.  The number of possible triples methods is vastly
greater than the number of doubles methods, so if you want
to be able to reduce all triples methods to a doubles
methods, many triples methods will reduce to the same
doubles method, with the result that distinctive features of
the method are lost.  For Ikaria Triples, I'd suggest that
either Winchendon or Suffolk Place is the closest doubles
method, but neither are particularly close.

RAS